About Me

My photo
This blog is a window into my creative business and lifestyle. I love the outdoors and going on adventures. Photography and videography are a way of life and this allows me to capture the people and adventures along the way. I also enjoy any form of creativity and I am always keen to try new things.

Sunday 10 March 2013

LIVE IN LEEDS


Willy Mason


Ventured up to Leeds on Friday night to see singer songwriter Willy Mason over from the US. 

Held at The Wardrobe in central Leeds, being a very compact venue mixed with this genre of music made for a very civilised gig.  

I decided to take a tricky and light camera setup to see if I could grab a couple of nice shots and challenge myself with this awkward setup. 

Using a fast f1.4 manual focus lens to make use of what light was available resulted in a good few shots that I was pleased with. The large aperture resulted in razor thin DOF and the manual focus was ultra tricky. 

I love the mood and ambience captured shooting in such an environment and I couldn't help but indulge in capturing some nice bokeh patterns from the lighting at f1.4.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers