About Me

My photo
This blog is a window into my creative business and lifestyle. I love the outdoors and going on adventures. Photography and videography are a way of life and this allows me to capture the people and adventures along the way. I also enjoy any form of creativity and I am always keen to try new things.

Sunday 10 February 2013

COUNTRY COTTAGE


Just returned from a great couple of nights stay in a gorgeous old country cottage near Kirkby Stephen in Cumbria.

A true country cottage in a remote countryside location and fully equipped with all the essential country cottage features, including open log fire, wood store and axe, exposed beam structure, charming old furniture, plenty of surrounding mud and a whopping 9Ibs trophy catch rainbow trout sitting pride of place!

Weather was mixed ranging from the usual wind and rain of our Winters, was pleasantly surprised to awake to an early blanket of snow on Saturday morning accompanied by a high pressure that created a ghostly still, zero wind atmosphere that resulted in a morning of exploring around the local area.

With the true character of the building I could not resist taking some great pictures of the cottage and also shot some brilliant strobist shots within the wood store that I knew would look great when lit with a simple wireless off camera strobe and diffuser.

I will let the following images share the look of this wonderful retreat better than I can explain them, a big thank you must go to the member of Anne's family who kindly let us stay in the cottage, so thank you very much!

www.clockworkcloud.com

































I could not resist a contemplating self portrait pose of myself with the coolest churchwarden smokers pipe that was sat on the side.











9Ib Monster rainbow!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers