About Me

My photo
This blog is a window into my creative business and lifestyle. I love the outdoors and going on adventures. Photography and videography are a way of life and this allows me to capture the people and adventures along the way. I also enjoy any form of creativity and I am always keen to try new things.

Monday 7 July 2014

Tour De France 2014

With Le Tour De France passing so close to home it was a great opportunity to get up close on Sunday on the Penistone road in South Yorkshire on stage two of the race as the riders were heading to Sheffield.

Trying to find a good spot for photography is tougher than you might think, battling crowds is the biggest problem! With many of the people opting to gather on the up hill sections as the riders are working hard on the hill and so going slower, allowing a longer view, I found a nice spot just on the brow of a small down hill and corner section. As it was down hill it was much quieter but this also meant that the riders were going to be lightning quick and I would not get long to capture any images.

The atmosphere was great with the array of funky branded cars and the mass of helicopters buzzing low making it feel like a film set. When the riders finally appeared over the brow of the hill, I captured my shots and it was all over within a few seconds. I was happy that Team Sky were leading when they appeared and captured the shot below with Geraint Thomas leading the way.

They still have a long way to go before the finish in Paris!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers